Quality models, extensible frameworks and tools to automatically assess and evaluate the quality of software documentation.
The quality of a software product is a significant driver for its success. However, the majority of the applied quality assurance methods mainly focus on the executable source code. Quality reviews of the software documentation are often omitted. Nonetheless, software documents such as requirements specifications, design documents, or test plans represent essential parts of a software product. Therefore, the quality of such documents influences the overall quality of a software product considerably.
- An operational quality model for capturing the quality of software documentating
- Identification of indicators for measuring the quality of software documentation
- An extensible toolset for measuring documentation quality
- Specification of a high number of measures (~80) for measuring the quality of software documentation
- A framework and tool for measuring documentation quality. The current implementation of the DQDD (Documentation Quality Defect Detection) tool supports ~55 of the identified measures.
2011 – 2014
Partners Siemens Corporate Technology
Contact Reinhold Plösch