Mobile Software Development, Cross-Platform Tools and Concepts, Human Interaction, Context-Processing
This research area focuses on the development of software for mobile devices (especially, but not exclusively for smartphones). It studies tools and concepts for conquering the heterogeneity of mobile platforms by “native” and “hybrid” development approaches. As a major challenge in this research area, we emphasize on human aspects for interaction and apply implicit (hands-free) interaction paradigms (without the needs of glimpsing at displays or pressing buttons) for real-world scenarios by utilizing the sensor network of floating entities and calculating contextual data.
Mobile Engineering comprises:
- Concepts and tools for mobile software development
- Human computer interaction for mobile applications
- Mobile location- and context-based services
- Mobile sensor integration
- Energy consumption issues