Manuel Wimmer is Full Professor and Head of the Department of Business Informatics – Software Engineering at JKU Linz, Austria. Since 2019, he is also the Program Director of the Business Informatics master study at JKU Linz.
He received his Ph.D. and his Habilitation from TU Wien. He has been a research associate at the University of Malaga, Spain, a visiting professor at the University of Marburg, Germany as well as at TU Munich, Germany, and an assistant professor at the Business Informatics Group (BIG), TU Wien, Austria.
Currently, he is also leading the Christian Doppler Laboratory on Model-Integrated Smart Production (CDL-MINT) which is running from 2017 to 2023. In this context, he is developing modeling approaches for smart production facilities, as well as techniques for the continuous evolution of such systems based on production information gathered and analyzed at runtime through digital twins. He is the JKU Linz representative in the AutomationML society. He is co-author of the book Model-driven Software Engineering in Practice (Morgan & Claypool, 2nd edition, 2017).
Manuel Wimmer is currently involved in the organization of the following scientific events:
- ACM/IEEE 25th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS)
- IEEE International Conference on Quantum Software (QSW)
- 25th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE 2022)
- 2nd International Workshop on Quantum Software Architecture (QSA) @ ICSA 2022
- 2nd Workshop on Software Engineering in Cyber-Physical Production Systems Workshop (SECPPS) @ SE 2022