Modelling value and software quality on the level of software features in a DevOps context.
The general goal is to systematically identify value drivers for features of digital systems and to be able to quantify these value drivers in the context of a specific business model. Accordingly, the essential cost drivers and their associated cost have to be identified that are necessary to make the value proposition of a business model realizable. The relations between cost drivers and value drivers have to be made explicit in order to identify impact of cost changes on value drivers and vice versa. The cost and value engineering approach is integrated with the TAICOS model in order to be able to refine cost and value engineering on selected tasks or featurs of a TAICOS model. Achieving the required quality level for a service based on a business model and well aligned with the value propositions is a challenge by itself. Furthermore, changes to the value proposition require continuous adaptation of quality assurance.
- Developing a method for systematically identifying cost and value drivers based on the business model.
- Identification of value drivers and non-functional requirments and how to measure them. The focus area is not only on development, but also on operations, business aspects, market requirements, etc.
- Enhancement of the Quamoco model in order to be able to specify measures on the level of features and not only on the product level.
- Developing a constraint language and tool that allows specifying non functional requirements on feature level.
- Developing a tool that is able to process the above mentioned constraint language, to acquire the data needed for evaluation from different data sources (e.g. SonarQube, SAP-Systems, Performance Monitoring tools) and to visualize the evaluation results.
- Systematic empirical validation, whether the proposed constraint language, the provided metrics of the constraint language and the overall method is suitable in an industry context.
- Enhancement of the Quamoco meta-model to allow feature-based specification of metrics.
- Constraint Language for specifiying non functional quality requirments on feature level.
- TAICOSEval tool that processes the constraint language and visualizes the evaluation results.
Partner Siemens Corporate Technology
Contact Reinhold Plösch